MUJOSH - PD Measurement
In order to complete your MUJOSH order, you will need to provide us with your Interpupillary Distance measurement - PD for short.
If your PD is not on your prescription and you cannot get it from your optical health provider, MUJOSH offers two methods of measuring your own PD.
Method 1 - Millimeter Ruler
This is our preferred method if you do not already know your PD measurement.
- Find a millimeter ruler for measurements and a mirror or a friend.
- If using a mirror, try to look into the distance as you measure. If a friend is taking your measurements, try to look past them into the distance (look at far view) to avoid the result being too narrow.
- Hold the ruler against the bridge of your nose and line up the middle of your left pupil with the 0 line of the ruler. You can now measure the distance between your pupils!
- Measure across to the middle of your right pupil, still looking into the distance. Your PD should be between 46 and 74.
- Repeat these steps 2 to 3 times to get the most accurate result!
Make sure you have a ruler that is in millimeters! Divide the number you get in half and then tell us the result in order or to our email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Method 2 - Credit Card / Debit Card
You can also use a credit card (or bank card) to measure your PD. You will also need your cellphone to take a selfie. Please note, this method takes extra time as we have to calculate your PD for you!
- Stand in front of a mirror, close enough that you can take a selfie in the mirror.
- Place your credit card (or any bank card or card with a magnetic strip) under your nose on the lips with the strip at the top and facing the mirror. Please try and center it as much as possible.
- Look at far view, not on a focus point. Take a selfie. Just try and keep a neutral expression.
- Send us the photo and we’ll do all the hard work for you through our email:email@example.com
Helpful Tips to Keep in Mind
> PD measurements are always more accurate when taken by a Licensed Optician or other trained professional.
> Take your glasses off when measuring, no matter which method you use.
> Whilst the distance between your pupils is one length, you'll have to halve it to work out the PD for each eye, e.g. if your PD is 60mm, your left and right eyes will be 30mm each.
> If you can't halve your PD to a round number, no problem - split them to the closest 0.5mm, e.g. if your PD is 60.5mm, fill in: right = 30mm, left = 30.5mm. We see this quite a bit so, don't worry, we know how to deal with it.
> PD usually falls between 59mm and 70mm. If yours falls outside this, or you have a prescription over +/-6.00 sphere power, get in touch with us and we'll give you a helping hand.
If need any help, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org